Monday, April 4, 2011

Dining Chair Makeover.

When we first moved into our new house, the only piece of furniture we had was the baby's crib (we either sold or gave away everything when we moved to Florida from California-no kidding!). And I'm not the type of person who likes to go out and buy matching sets of everything at the same time. Maybe if I were a billionaire, it'd be different :)
I like to find different chairs, side tables and lamps here and there. Just because things aren't the same color and same brand, doesn't mean they can't compliment & coordinate with each other. I like my different finds to have a story behind them. Like this dining set I found on craigslist a few months back. I was drawn to the unique details. I loved the legs on the chairs and table. My husband borrowed a truck, picked it up an hour away, asked if we could get it for $60 and it was a deal!

Lucky for me, it was already painted white. It took me months to find the right fabric to replace the cushions.

Then Hancock Fabrics had a sale on everything store wide last week and I found the perfect rose pattern for $3/yard! So as soon as the baby went down for a nap, I overcame my fear of the staple gun and started beautifying!

I love how it turned out. It's just oooozing with girly-ness (which is exactly what hubby thinks).

Of course, it doesn't look this tidy all the time. There's usually a hideous, plastic high chair strapped to one of the chairs, with a towel covering the cushion, and the towel is stained with blueberries or something. But I'll always have these pictures to look at and take pride that I did this on my own. And isn't that the best part of DIY projects? All your treasures have their own little story.

Have a great week! 

I'm linking up here:


5 comments:

  1. Love your chairs!!!
    -emily
    nestnestingnested.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I never saw this post? Weird! Love love love the chairs and the table is perfect! Who needs to be a billionaire?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your post on my blog...i had to come over and check things out...i LOVE your table and chairs...all your things are awesome!

    ReplyDelete