Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paleo Pancakes

Eating scrambled eggs everyday, sometimes with bacon, sometimes with fruit can get a little mundane around here. So once in awhile, I like to mix things up. Obviously, regular buttermilk pancakes and belgian waffles are not options but paleo pancakes are! 

There are many different ways to make the perfect paleo pancake. I found this on Mark's Daily Apple but tweaked it a little to my liking, as I never follow recipes to the T anyway. 
Ingredients:
-2 mashed bananas
-1 egg
-one big spoonful of sunbutter
-blueberries (as many as you like)
Mix all the ingredients together until it looks smooth and batter-like. Heat some coconut oil on a pan. Pour your batter on your pan in little circles, however big you want. I find it better to make them small since flipping them will be a lot easier. Brown them and serve. 
As you can see, they don't look anything like pancakes! It is very hard to flip them since they are a bit more runny than regular pancakes. But they taste spectacular and sweet enough without requiring maple syrup! 
Cleaner pancakes :) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. these look good! I may have to try it with peanut butter instead of sunbutter. What is sunbutter anyways?!?

    ReplyDelete