I like to think that my "love language" is a good mix between "spending quality time" & "receiving words of affirmation".
(4th of July 2011)
(4th of July 2011)
I love.LOVE.love getting compliments from my husband when I'm wearing something new.
I love getting random texts from him while he's at work, especially when he makes the :-) faces.
I love hearing my parents tell me how proud they are.
I love it when my son calls me 'Momma'.
But then...
I also love spending time with my husband, whether it's at home, our favorite restaurant or even a quick stop to the store.
I love taking Jason to the library, the park, the pool, the lake.
And despite my itch to get dolled up every now&then for a night out, sometimes I prefer to just be at home, in my pajamas with my two boys, watching movies. Doing nothing but being together.
This month is our anniversary month, so I'm definitely looking forward to spending some quality time with the hubby. Even if it's only for one day-I'll take it!
It's also the middle of summer, meaning there will be plenty of pool parties, beach outings and a family vacay to South Carolina that I'm totally gushing about.
What's your love language?
& what are your big plans for this beautiful summer season?



I love the simple things too! Family is everything isn't it :)
ReplyDeleteIt's our anniversary month too! Ours is July 8th.
So exciting. I'm hoping to go on a mini vacay for the weekend. With kids though. We shall see :)
Where in South Carolina? I lived on Hilton Head Island for almost a year after I graduated college. So gorgeous there. I would love to visit soon!
Hey Josie, what cute "Boy's" you have! My summer plans are to head farther north than you, I am going to Minnesota! Of course I love words of affirmation and sweet notes from bloggy friends! have a great anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteCarol
You're beautiful! Love your blog layout! My love language is quality time and acts of service. I used to think people were crazy when I heard them talk about how they feel loved when their husband helps them. Now I'm elated when he cleans the dishes or volunteers to make dinner. And I LOVE jsut being with him. I could sit on the couch with him for hours and not say a word and be totally content :) It's great to be loved!
ReplyDeletehttp://alexislaughs.blogspot.com
I really need to read that book to find out what my love language is. Note to self add to summer reading list. Note to self again. you actually have to read summer reading. k.
ReplyDeleteSooooo I went to work yesterday and there were peeps in the street doing lunges with knee pads in 1o1 degree weather and i thought to myself. Really Josie? Really do i have to go across the street and sign up for an intro class at CF?? Cant we just schedule an appointment for plastic surgery and call it a equal?!?
MB bound !! Happy Anniversary month!! If you come to MB through Hwy 17 you should totally tour Charleston on your way. It is lovely!!