Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Shabby'd Up Nightstand.

Do you ever have something that you're so in.love with that you find yourself constantly walking by it just to admire it's splendor? 
A new car, perhaps? An award? Or in my case, a newly refinished piece of furniture <<cheesy, i know>>
Like this shabby'd up nightstand, for instance.
It really does have a special place in my h.e.a.r.t.

 A few coats of cream, some heavy distressing and newly painted hardware makes this nightstand my favorite piece in the master bedroom. 

 Worn-out details>>YUM! 
& of course, a few {lovely} accessories to make my hubby feel special when he wakes up each morning.


Before:

I love that this piece was already dark to begin with, which meant distressing the cream color was going to bring out some really pretty details. 
but what I regret is paying $350 for it at Haverty's when we first moved in & thought we needed new furniture. *sigh* And I don't even know why I agreed on getting dark stuff! 
Oh well...
Does a piece of furniture hold a special place in your heart? 

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It is distressed perfectly.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The transformation is wonderful. I love it's shabby chicness-is that even a word? Anyway, it's beautiful and I would admire it, too.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so adorable. Also love the chalkboard frame! SO CUTE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!!! you are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete