(or at least I believe that's what they're called)
Found this ceramic beauty at a local furniture shop last week. With it's intricate details, gorgeous shape and that sweet cherub's face, this piece scored itself a place in my shopping basket.
I've also been keeping an eye out for a pretty door pediment after seeing one on Life In The Fun Lane.
So I took it in, primed it, coated it with a glossy white and had the hubby give it a new home above our bedroom door overlooking our family room.
So I took it in, primed it, coated it with a glossy white and had the hubby give it a new home above our bedroom door overlooking our family room.
So far, it's the only thing that adds charm to our bare white walls, but it's a start!
Next on my project list is a beautiful chandelier that I picked up from a church rummage sale for only $2! Yea, you read that right. Two bucks. I wasn't kidding when I said I like to find & re-purpose good cheap junk :)




Josie,
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you! I just got an email from a blogger that wants to get all of the central Florida bloggers together, we have never met. If you are interested in joining us email me (My email button is right at the top left of my blog) and I will forward it to the gal that is getting everyone together. I can't find her blog right now. Hope you can join us!
Carol
Hello Josie,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog and see you live in Winter Park.
I live in Orlando and wanted to say hello!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~
Hi Josie, Thank you so much for your wonderful comment, i like that is the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me. Maybe i can invite you and your family over, have a playdate, i have a 3 year little girl too. $2 for a chandelier , thats awesome..Have a great day !!! keep in touch, let me know
ReplyDelete