Today I'm going to share with you a list of some of my pet peeves. We all have them. Obviously, no one likes liars, thieves, whiners, double-parkers, cheaters, smokers (ick!), braggers, one-uppers, rude people, bad drivers, bad smells and all that. But what really makes you cringe? I don't think I'm an uptight person--very easy going and laid back but there are just a few things that rub me the wrong way. And what fun it is to put it all in a list!
My Pet Peeves
(In no particular order)
1. No signaling before cutting me off.
2. When people ask "Where are you from?" when they really mean "What's your ethnicity?". I'm from California. I'm Asian. Two very different answers!
3. When the word "skinny" is somehow misconstrued to mean healthy/fit.
4. Gerber commercials telling me my baby needs their overpriced, sugar-filled, gluten-infested products to grow up healthy.
5. The sound of chewing food, smacking gum, loud breathing, drink slurping, constant sniffling etc...
6. When chicks say they don't want to lift heavy because they don't want to get bulky.
7. Vegans...enough said.
8. People who say they're spiritual but not religious. Huh?
9. The misuse of you're and your. Or there, their and they're.
10. Ignorance about health. You can't "work off" a box of cookies. Not all fats are bad. Sugar-free doesn't mean it's better for diabetics. Zero calories doesn't mean you can eat/drink more and not gain weight.
11. When I have an appointment/reservation and still end up waiting.
12. Craigslist ads with no pictures and a terrible description. SKIP!
13. Craigslist ads that are wrongly labeled "antique" or "vintage".
14. When people say they "support the troops but not the war." So you want us to lose, is that right?
15. Overpriced consignment shops.
16. When I get told that I don't look like a Marine wife. I'm sorry, how am I supposed to look?
17. Random people touching my son.
18. People who only eat strict paleo during a challenge and then go back to their bad eating habits until the next challenge.
19. People who "like" their own facebook statuses.
20. Chicks who post things like, "Real women have curves" or "big is beautiful" (which is great I think!) then complain about wanting to lose weight or look like a Vic's Secret model.
21. Photoshop disasters. No wait, I like those!
22. Skinny jeans on men.
Okay, I think those are just a few that kinda bug me. I don't think that's too many, do you? :) Care to add to the list?...
Hope your weekend's great & pet-peeve free!
12. Craigslist ads with no pictures and a terrible description. SKIP!
13. Craigslist ads that are wrongly labeled "antique" or "vintage".
14. When people say they "support the troops but not the war." So you want us to lose, is that right?
15. Overpriced consignment shops.
16. When I get told that I don't look like a Marine wife. I'm sorry, how am I supposed to look?
17. Random people touching my son.
18. People who only eat strict paleo during a challenge and then go back to their bad eating habits until the next challenge.
19. People who "like" their own facebook statuses.
20. Chicks who post things like, "Real women have curves" or "big is beautiful" (which is great I think!) then complain about wanting to lose weight or look like a Vic's Secret model.
21. Photoshop disasters. No wait, I like those!
22. Skinny jeans on men.
Okay, I think those are just a few that kinda bug me. I don't think that's too many, do you? :) Care to add to the list?...
Hope your weekend's great & pet-peeve free!

What a great list. I totally agree with all of your pet peeves!
ReplyDelete-emily
Love it haha! I 100% agree with #5 and #20!! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha. I love the list and I can relate to most. Especially the lane changing without signaling and the Craigslist ads with no pictures.
ReplyDelete