For Easter I brought Jason home to surprise my parents. My "home" is in a small city in southern California. We stayed for about 8 days and although it was a hectic 8 days (4-hour layovers with a toddler, 3-hour time difference, non-childproof house, endless shopping trips, making time to see everyone, clingy baby etc) I would do it all over again if I could. Because even though I'm a Florida girl now, with a family and a house, there's really no place like home.
I wish I could have stayed longer.
I wish I took more pictures.
I wish I could have met up with everyone I had wanted to.
I wish I could just hold onto every little happy detail that made this trip memorable forever.
So I keep looking at the pictures that were taken during our short stay. Here are some of my favorite moments, in no particular order. Most were taken at Jason's 1st trip to Disneyland and Easter Sunday (hence the multiple pictures of him wearing the same outfits haha).
Jason with his too-big size 24 months jeans rolled up.
Ducks at Disney.
Goofy.
Post-Disney nap. He was exhausted. Notice the ignored full diaper and his leg hanging off the side.
I went to my favorite Lululemon store, tried on everything. And took pictures of all the shorts to text them to a friend back in FL in case she wanted me to bring back anything. By the way, this pair makes my butt look amazing!!
Easter bunny. Jason was whining so I had to jump in the picture.
Neighborhood Easter egg hunt. My sister was hurdling over people just to grab the last Lightning Mcqueen basket at Target.
Fell asleep with a beanie baby in his mouth.
Brick toast. Just pure paleo sin.
Strawberries, sweet condensed milk (yum) and shaved ice. This was a size small!
Reading about great American food on the airplane. He's definitely my child :)
Chipmunk, Jason and my daddy
Carousel. The only reason he got on is because I did.
Lightning Mcqueen's biggest fan.
A million things to look at in Disneyland and he finds a firetruck. Of course...
Back home and "helping" me unpack by playing with my Lulu bra cups.
Yes, we still put him in Christmas jammies. They still fit, don't they??
Words cannot express how much I love this little boy.
Missing California, my family and all the sweet memories. Can't wait to go home again xo

















It looks like you had a wonderful time, I don't envy you such a long trip with a toddler though! Josie, our next sale is Memorial day weekend, I will blog about it. At least if you come again you can bring a bag lunch for the long trip....What a bummer that was!
ReplyDeleteCarol