Friday, March 25, 2011

Give Me Gray

Remember this rummage sale beauty? 
I picked it up for $5, and it's been sitting in our family room ever since. I couldn't stand the black but didn't know what color to paint it. I decided on a soft gray because it contrasts the white walls but still isn't too bold as black. 
After some sanding, priming, and 2 coats of gray, I did a little distressing to give it that country feel:  


And what better weather to paint in than Florida's 80 degree sunshine.
I'm linking to Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday!
~Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend~

3 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Love the color!
    -emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi how are you ? The blue gray duvet is still in target,it's a duvet not sheets if you do not see it check online, they have oatmeal or blue. Today i went to college park, Vintage vine, i found them on craigslist ,there is another store in that area called the French Nest, you will love it !! butt they are sooo expensive really...they have Great stuff. You can try Mount Dora i go there all the time to the Antique Mall, they are open on Sundays too like 11-5, i found a lot of great stuff there. Also Check Rennigers Flea market in mount dora too. Check there website , they have like every 2 months or so they have big flea market, really good. well back to cleaning, butt so beautiful out today..i just want to sit in the sun, but that is not going to happen with the babies...lol Have a Great Weekend ! go Shopping !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie,
    I came to tell you the color in my living room but so enjoyed your blog! My color is from Walmart -- Dusted Bronze. Now I want to know to know the color you painted your adorable chair!!!

    ReplyDelete