Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dijon Mustard Meatballs



Confession time: I used to make my meatballs plain with a bit of sea salt, oregano and olive oil....BORING!
And of course, one of my reasons for creating this blog was to prove to non-paleo eaters (my family) that healthy eating isn't boring. Here's a meatball recipe that I've been loving lately, created in the Paleo Lab of yours truly:

Ingredients:
-2 lbs ground turkey (makes around 24 meatballs)
-1T dijon mustard
-1T black pepper
-1T sea salt
-1T oregano
-extra virgin olive oil only to coat the saute pan

Mix evenly and mash all the ingredients (except the olive oil) together in a bowl with your hands. Pack them tightly into little balls. I made them very small since it's easier for Jason. Warm olive oil in a saute pan on Medium-high. Add the meatballs and brown them until they are thoroughly cooked. It will get messy so I like to stay covered up (long sleeve shirt, apron, etc) when making these. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. These look yummy. You are so lucky Jason will eat stuff like this. It's like when my son turned a year old, he all of a sudden decided he will he nothing but mac and cheese, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, and spaghetti O's. Awesome!! Good thing he will still eat fruits and some veggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie, it wounds wonderful! I have been on a weight loss journey the last 4 months and I am happy to say I have lost 23# to date. I think these wound wonderful, we can add what ever spices we choose, I will be adding a little Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic....YUM! Thank you for the recipe!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete